I took a glance tonight at the Wikipedia page for Badiou, and found it a bit embarrassing. I think it would be productive, for a number of reasons, to do a good amount of work fixing what's there, adding to it substantially, and so providing people coming across Badiou for the first time with a good source of basic information.
To get started, I replaced a discussion of "the four discourses" (a misnaming of what Badiou calls the four conditions) with three paragraphs of summary on Badiou's notion of conditions. It would be helpful if anyone wants to look over those paragraphs and make any edits necessary---whether to clarify, to correct, or whatever.
And I think it would be a good idea if we keep working on that page (and perhaps on some of the pages to which it links?) in order to provide an appealing summary to those who stumble across Badiou for the first time.
Thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment